At Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Llangynwyd we are determined to ensure our learners engage in worthwhile experiences, be that during or outside of school hours.
Trips and visits are organised for the following purposes:
- To enrich the learner/student curriculum
- To provide curriculum experiences which are not possible to undertake on the school site
- To provide additional educational, spiritual, moral and cultural experiences
- To provide opportunities to use the Welsh language in both formal and informal situations
These principles are satisfied through short visits during school time, visits that are beyond the school hours and residential visits.
The safety of our learners and staff is of paramount importance when organising any trips or visits. We ensure that any visits are planned carefully following the best practice guidelines and the National Guidance 2014. To support this the school uses the EVOLVE system in order to record all details of educational visits.
It is expected, for any visit or trip, that the following has been undertaken:
- A letter sent to parents with details of the trip, including a consent slip
- A parental meeting and information pack (for trips going abroad)
- A risk assessment completed for each aspect of the trip
The school organises specific trips for different year groups, such as the Year 7 trip to Llangrannog and the Year 8 trip to Glanllyn, as well as departmental activities throughout the year.